Sunday 27 March 2011

Strange Question

Subject: Strange Question
Message, from Haley to Kevin: "Hi, my name is Haley and I was just wondering if you went to High School in Edmonton anytime between 1982 and 1984?"

Sent from me to Kevin on December 20, 2010.

I did it on a whim. It was kind of being stirred up in me as I had to write my life story as an assignment in a small group I'm a part of. That big hole became more noticeable again and I just thought, what's one little search going to hurt?

I logged in to Facebook. I typed in his name, and there were about 10 records. All with pictures, but one had the picture I was looking for. It was a younger child, and that smile was the same as mine. The teeth were identical to mine before I had braces. This is it, he had to be the one. But what could you possibly write to someone that would be innocuous enough? You don't want to scare them off immediately; don't want to stir up too much drama out of the gate. High School. That would place him year and city for me.

So I sent the message and then I waited. And waited some more, and then a month had almost passed and I had almost forgotten about that 'innocuous' message.

No comments:

Post a Comment