Friday 22 April 2011

January 16

Nearly 1 month later on January 16, 2011, I received my first response.

Message, to Haley from Kevin: "I went to Ainlay, graduated in 1983.."

I think I was in our family room when I received the notification on my phone. 27 years of life without my biological father. This is him. My first contact. My heart leapt. I replied back within seconds,

Message, to Kevin from Haley: "Do you have any idea why I may be asking about that?"

Ack! Why did I write that? I immediately felt foolish and added another message,

Message, to Kevin from Haley: "Maybe a better question is did you know a Camille Stewart?"

Ok, that was good. I was direct and there wasn't going to be a surprise as to where this was going. I waited for a response. Nothing. Half an hour went by, still nothing. Well, I thought, this guy is not on Facebook very often, it makes sense that he wouldn't hang around online to see if I replied back.

After about an hour of checking my phone to see if anything came in, I let it go. This is only by the grace of God, there's no doubt in my mind. I can be a very impatient person. I'm so conditioned to have instant responses from text messages or Facebook chats it's very difficult for me to wait for anything. Never mind wondering if Kevin had blocked me as soon as he had seen Camille's name. I don't recall having those thoughts cross my mind though. God wiped those fears from my mind, pushed the wondering away and let me go on without giving it a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment