Thursday 19 May 2011

Amy, Part Two

Email to Amy, from Haley; March 16, 2011

Hi Amy!

Can I just start out by saying how adorable you are? I just loved your email! It gave me a glimpse of your sparkly personality!

I love reading too. I remember when I finished off the library at my middle school, the massive disappointment of no new books...then I got to use the public library and I haven't run out of books since. :)
I love all sorts of books, but right now I read a lot of non-fiction Christian books. My favourite fiction authors are John Grisham and Jodi Picoult but I don't think I started reading those until I was in my late teens.

I'm kind of sad to be grown up too. I feel like missed out on quite a few years with you! But I'll still try to be the cool older sister who doles out boy advice and has their driver's license!

I really love Christian music too. I volunteer at a huge Christian conference in Edmonton every year and this year I got to run our Sunday night concert. I got to meet a bunch of bands: Pocket Full of Rocks, Bluetree, 33Miles, Building 429, Leeland. We've also met Matt Maher, Paul Baloche, Robin Mark, Third Day, Michael W. Smith, MercyMe, Casting Crowns, Brian Doerksen... Lots of them! It's kind of a cool volunteer job! I used to work for the conference so they trust me :)

I love Chris Tomlin! How lucky are you!?! Is it a special birthday trip?

I am so impressed that you passed your grade 8! That is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations! What type of music do you like to play? Is it more classical or pop?
(...)

Amy, you can email me anytime (as long as your mom and dad are ok with that...). I'd be delighted to hear all about your life and answer any questions that I can. I don't have all the answers, but I know someone that does :)
Do you have many other activities? I heard you go out for sushi after piano! That's fun! I love sushi too.

I think we've got great potential here for being kindred spirits :)
Blessings,
Haley

-----
A sister at last! And not just one, but two...I can’t wait to introduce you to Sarah. She’s effervescent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment