Wednesday 11 May 2011

Yes, I knew when you were born...

Email to Haley, from Kevin; March 14, 2011

Hi Haley,

Yes, I knew when you were born, and that you were a girl, we can talk more of those details and history face to face sometime.

Lets line up a skype (correct terminology?) for Saturday afternoon at 4:00 pst? Linda is away until mid afternoon Saturday. Is 5:00 okay for you, or too close to dinner?

I'm totally ok if you want to write something to the rest of the family, I'll cc our home address. Feel free, she's looking forward to it!

My FB picture was when I was about 13, I put it there because I think FB is more for kids, I have a quirky sense of humour...

(...)

Kevin

-----

Sometimes it's like God can read my mind, that He knows my prayers before I pray them. "the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will" ~Romans 8:26a-27

When He knows I cannot take one more moment of fear, that I'll fall into despair, I receive something to look forward to. Skype! I'm thrilled. Who cares what time dinner is; I will fast for the day to get a Skype call. And I can email Linda and my brother and sisters! I don't even know if they know about me yet...but I'm still going to write to them. What on earth would you write to siblings that didn't know you existed?

And he knew I was a girl. "The Putative Father was aware of the pregnancy but not of the birth" (From my adoption records). I suppose news travels...

No comments:

Post a Comment